Sheetrock has finally begun to go up! This is always a major milestone in watching the house take shape. To me, this make the house appear larger than it previously did. Before, you could stand at one corner of the house and look all the way to the opposite corner, making the far side appear to be, well, not quite so far. Now that the sheet rock is in place, you have to walk down the hall, pass the stairwell, walk through the kitchen and lodge room, then right through the alcove to the master bedroom, and left into the master bath. WHEW! Passing all those rooms and features give you a more realistic impression of how far it really is from one end to the other.

1 comment:
This is something I had commented to Michael about before. Before the sheetrock goes up there's very little standing between you and the great outdoors. Standing on the top floor of your house several months ago I was struck by how insubstantial the house felt, even though I knew that it had been constructed just as well if not better than any other house I had ever stood in before. It is the interior walls and the windows of a house that make you feel stable and secure.
Post a Comment